A community capable of investing its potential, accepting diversity, respecting differences, and living with human dignity.
Awakening the social-awareness of individuals to liberate society from the bondage of poverty, ignorance, and illness. Emphasising human values, reinforcing the Egyptian identity, and leading the change through communal participation. BLESS will lead the change through field interventions and the support of local entities.
To reach our mission our strategies include:
(1) Working towards society which is built on citizenship, does not discriminate, and always aims for peace and equality.
(2) Empowering poor communities in slums and deprived areas to develop themselves to eliminate poverty. It is crucial that marginalised people (such as children, women, people with disabilities, drug addicts, and prisoners) are supported in fully integrating into their society.
(3) Establishing partnerships with non-governmental, governmental, and international development organisations.
BLESS Guiding Values:
- Our love for God inspires us to love all human beings and respect their dignity,
- Transparency and accountability,
- Encouraging and supporting the spirit of creativity, volunteer work and charity,
- Respecting human beings regardless of religion, sex, age, or race,
- Re-affirming the spirit of responsibility and commitment,
- Providing quality and sustainable services and
- Focusing on compiling and utilizing available local resources.